December 10, 2013 - Round Table within the preparation of the “Second National MDG Report”.
Over the years of its activity CER has become the leading national think tank and a principal knowledge center which sets competitive standards in the applied research sector. CER employs a modern research modality which boasts best in-country expertise, innovative and transparent mechanisms and tools, and guarantees high quality of outputs. The Center’s wide array of products includes policy papers/briefs, analytical reviews, surveys, various publications in the field of socio-economic development, and training programs. More than 50% of CER’s policy recommendations are reflected in respective policy decisions.
CER has built its strong competitive advantage and laid a foundation for a productive cooperation with the international donor community based on the following key factors:
- Reputation and recognition of Center’s independent expertise;
- Flexibility, transparency and accountability of its operation;
- Effective communication channels with the government, international organizations, private sector, local research community and civil society at large;
- Broad range of services and exemplary research process;
- Role as a liaison with the government and an ability to facilitate productive participatory dialogue between key development stakeholders;
- Strong team of experts with a solid knowledge of Uzbekistan’s socio-economic environment and policy-making processes;
- Piloting initiatives which enable approbation of new ideas and concepts and replication of best practices;
- Highest quality standards.
CER is now serving as an implementation platform for a variety of efforts in the area of socio-economic development and is open for long-term productive cooperation with the international donor community.
To ensure sustainable economic and human development in the long term, taking into account global trends and challenges, the transition to a “green” economy is considered as one of the most effective tools for maintaining long-term development, which results in improved living standards and social justice while significantly reducing environmental risks and shortages of natural resources.
The research aimes at improving efficiency and competitiveness of the chemical industry through its modernization.
The research focuses on formulating the concept of national policy on sustainable agriculture, food security and nutrition. The policy will aim at creating conditions for balanced nutrition of the population which is a vital prerequisite for population’s health and physical and intellectual development of the nation.
The concept is being developed within the three main directions: (i) providing knowledge on healthy and safe nutrition and rational nutrition norms; (ii) ensuring accessibility of food products in accordance with the principles of rational nutrition norms; (iii) creating an effective legal framework for observance of norms, standards and quality of food products.
Leonid Polishchuk, Associate Director, IRIS Center, University of Maryland, USA
Indeed, CER is a “collective resource” for donors and international development agencies in Uzbekistan. The Center maintains strong leadership among public policy analysis units. It has reached organizational maturity and accumulated valuable professional and institutional assets, including strong reputation, trust and credibility with stakeholders, good outreach channels, capable team of policy analysts, and necessary project management expertise.
- Project Evaluation Report154 Kb
- Recommendations to practical implementation of development strategy for CER53 Kb
- Report of the CER's strategy formulation mission251 Kb
- Recommendations towards sustainable development of the CER (December 2008)222 Kb