May 2013 - Open lecture “Effective Communications and Socio-Economic Development. The Role of Press-services” at the Academy of Public Administration under the President of Uzbekistan
Being a leading think-tank in Uzbekistan, CER has long been assisting the Government of Uzbekistan with policy recommendations on key policy issues, thus contributing to the national capacity building process. Center’s position as bridging element between the Government and the international donor community has secured a continuous dialogue between the parties, as well as provided CER with a strong asset. CER’s objective to establish consensus at all levels in terms of policy reform involving government, international organizations, private sector and other stakeholders ensures the effectiveness of policies and supports the reform process.
CER’s following efforts and capabilities contribute to its effective cooperation with the Government:
- Supplying government agencies with demand-driven recommendations that enable the policy makers to trigger the development process and pursue national development targets more effectively;
- Center’s facilitation of a platform for a dialogue between the policy makers, international organizations, and business community, which enables the government to obtain a fair assessment of the situation in these sectors respectively;
- Engagement of government officials as experts in its research projects, as well as other knowledge sharing activities including roundtable discussions, seminars, and trainings, demonstrates the transparency of the processes, and serves as an evidence of the participatory nature of the CER’s activities;
- Center’s aspiration to advance and strengthen policy making process in the country is complemented with capacity building initiatives offered to policy makers, which involves various knowledge management tools and training opportunities.
CER is striving to further enhance its cooperation with the Government of Uzbekistan and supply a stream of timely and demand-driven research products and services.
To ensure sustainable economic and human development in the long term, taking into account global trends and challenges, the transition to a “green” economy is considered as one of the most effective tools for maintaining long-term development, which results in improved living standards and social justice while significantly reducing environmental risks and shortages of natural resources.
The research focuses on formulating the concept of national policy on sustainable agriculture, food security and nutrition. The policy will aim at creating conditions for balanced nutrition of the population which is a vital prerequisite for population’s health and physical and intellectual development of the nation.
The concept is being developed within the three main directions: (i) providing knowledge on healthy and safe nutrition and rational nutrition norms; (ii) ensuring accessibility of food products in accordance with the principles of rational nutrition norms; (iii) creating an effective legal framework for observance of norms, standards and quality of food products.
From Evaluation Reports
The CER activities and outputs contributed drastically to a change in the mind-set and brought about a series of new concepts, information and knowledge that were indispensable for a successful transition from the command to the market economy. They complemented and supplemented the advocacy role of UNDP and other donor institutions.
CER over the years of its operation has become an institution that provides recommendations which are regularly used by key government ministries and agencies within the economic policy decision-making process. The Center represents a bright example of an institution of a new type, capable of initiating dialogue and developing mechanisms for reaching nationwide consensus on development issues.
The clients are fully satisfied with the Center's output and are pleased with the task team approach in preparing policy option papers. The Center's outputs were found to be quite useful and have had some immediate impact on economic policies.
- Project Evaluation Report154 Kb
- Recommendations to practical implementation of development strategy for CER53 Kb
- Report of the CER's strategy formulation mission251 Kb
- Recommendations towards sustainable development of the CER (December 2008)222 Kb