Prospects for the electrical industry in the Republic of Uzbekistan
Research areas: Trade and Industrial Policy
Duration: June 2010 - November 2010
The research aimed at identification and thorough analysis of the systemic causes hampering the production of electrical products with high added value and development of proposals to integrate necessary mechanisms and tools to promote large-scale development of this industry.
The following steps are envisaged:
* study international experience in the area of development strategies for electrical industry in the production of goods with high added value and adapt them to modern conditions of the world market development as well as the economy of Uzbekistan;
* study prospects of domestic and external demand for domestic household electrical products;
* identify obstacles for the development of domestic electrical industry;
To develop following proposals:
* stimulate domestic demand for household appliances;
* create friendly environment to attract strategic investors in the production of branded products;
* create conditions for outsourcing the production of components for household electrical products in order to involve domestic producers in the global supply chain.
To contribute to the expert's discussion on the blog: