Uzbekistan: Capabilities and Prospects for Transitioning to a Green Economy (2011/14)
Publication year: 2011
Keywords: "Green" economy
The CER policy paper suggests some critical elements for a strategy of “green” transformation in such sectors, as renewable energy, housing and communal sector, transportation, land and water management, as well as develops a series of recommendations for the Government:
- Collaborate with private sector, academia, non-government organizations, and international institutions to develop a strategy for Uzbekistan to transition to a “green” economy during the period till 2050.
- Appoint the Ministry of Economy as the coordinating body for Uzbekistan’s transition to a “green” economy.
- Develop the appropriate legislation to facilitate Uzbekistan’s transition to a “green” economy.
- In cooperation with the Ecological Movement of Uzbekistan, develop a permanent platform for the transition to a “green” economy.
- Include the “greening” areas suggested in the paper in the priorities for public investments and expenditures.
- Reduce and abolish subsidies and government support for “brown” sectors.
- Facilitate implementation of pilot projects in “green” sectors.
- Stimulate investments in education and professional development to prepare labor for the transition to a “green” economy.
- Facilitate international cooperation in the sphere of the “green” economy.
The full version of the research product can be viewed at: Capabilities and Prospects for Transitioning to a Green Economy (russian only)
You can leave your comments on the product at CER Blog
A dynamic development of the housing and public utilities system will generate a strong demand for the adjacent sectors’ products and stimulate a number of multiplier effects throughout the economy.
The new issue of informational and analytical bulletin “Uzbekistan Economic Trends” analyzes the dynamics, qualitative changes and tendencies that have taken place in the country’s economy from January to September 2013 . Presented in convenient and compact format (A5).
The new issue of informational and analytical bulletin “Uzbekistan Economic Trends” analyzes the dynamics, qualitative changes and tendencies that have taken place in the country’s economy from January to June 2013 . Presented in convenient and compact format (A5).
The product combines several thematic sections, i.e. macroeconomic indicators, financial sector, foreign economic activity, private sector development and market transformation, sectors and branches of economy (industry, agriculture, consumer goods market, trade and services), regions, incomes and expenses of the population.
E-Government Implementation and Administrative Reform in Uzbekistan - Interrelations and Interference (2004/06)
The main goal of the research paper lies in definition of the main directions of e-government implementation in Uzbekistan through interrelations with administrative reform.
Center for Economic Research proudly presents a new product entitled “Almanac of Uzbekistan 2008”. The product offers a review of Uzbekistan’s development dynamics illustrated by diagrams, graphs and tables, and providing a comprehensive analysis of current achievements and development trends. The almanac uses both official and administrative statistical data.